Today, Pope Benedict XVI appointed as consultors of the Pontifical Council for Promoting New Evangelization the following:
- Fr. Francois-Xavier Dumortier, S.J., rector of the Pontifical Gregorian University;
- Fr. Pierangelo Sequeri, vice rector and professor of Fundamental Theology at the Theological Faculty of Northern Italy and lecturer in Aesthetics of the Holy at the Academy of Fine Arts in Brera, Milan;
- Sr. Sara Butler, M.S.B.T., professor of dogmatic theology at Mundelein Seminary;
- Sr. Mary Lou Wirtz, F.C.J.M., general superior of the Daughters of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and president of the Union of Superior Generals (UISG);
- Dr. Chiara Amirante, founder and president of the New Horizons Association of the diocese of Anagni-Alatri, Italy;
- Mr. Kiko Arguello, a co-initiator of the Neo-Catechumenal Way;
- Prof. Lucetta Scaraffia, professor of contemporary history in the Faculty of Letters and Philosophy at "La Sapienza" University.
- The list of cardinals and bishops who will be advisors to Archbishops Rino Fisichella and José Octavio Ruiz Arenas can be seen here (they were announced some time ago).Assemblying this new pontifical council has been very slow. The address of the offices and websites have yet to be made known! Communications and members of the consultors should been, in common estimation, ought to have been done more quickly. The presence of two American sisters, one of whom was a professor of mine, is noteworthy. You can't get much better than Sister Sara Butler. Plus, I am elated that Fathers Julián Carrón, Pascual Chavez Villanueva and Fernando Ocariz are on this list. Perhaps a few more North and South American laity could have been appointed. But that will come in time.