- Monday, 04 October 2010 17:00
There are several “firsts” for the new session of the Supreme Court of the United States. Among the firsts:
- members of the bench are either Catholic (6) or Jewish (3)– there are no Protestants serving
- 1/3 of the members of the bench are women
- first time in 35 years that Justice John Paul Stevens will not serve as a Justice
- Justice Kagan is the 100th Supreme Court Justice
- Thursday, 05 August 2010 07:45
A CNS story caught my eye this morning regarding the positive impact of membership in Scouts and a priestly/religious vocation. I would agree, membership in Scouts contributed to my own discernment of a priestly vocation. The Scouts certainly takes serious the development of the whole person and works on interpersonal relationships as well as trusting others, BSA builds tomorrow’s leaders.
- Wednesday, 14 July 2010 10:05
Just for fun I am reading Martin Luther’s essay “Against the Robbing and Murdering Hordes of Peasants.”
What are you chewing on today?
- Tuesday, 13 July 2010 20:01
… for a few days I am fishing for catfish … and eating Ted Drews …
- Sunday, 11 July 2010 17:01
… who would have thought that someone, anyone, would think that a common octopus named Paul, would select THE winner of the World Cup 2010!!!
The octopus is spared from the calamari plate one more time…
Well, I am partial to Paul the octopus!