- Monday, 21 February 2011 16:19
The Pope called an ordinary consistory of cardinals to today to discuss and then announce that 3 new saints are to recognized. The new saints: Don Luigi Guanella, Don Guido Maria Conforti and Sister Bonifacia Rodriquez de Castro.
- Blessed Luigi Guanella founded Congregation of the Servants of Charity and the Institute of the Daughters of Saint Mary of Providence
- Blessed Guido Maria Conforti founded the Xavierian Missionaries
- Blessed Bonifacia Rodriquez de Castro founded the Congregation of the Servants of Saint Joseph
The Sacrifice of the Mass and the Rite of Canonization will take place on October 23.
- Friday, 18 February 2011 12:11
The Holy See is allowing the coffin of Pope John Paul II to be viewed following the May 1st beatification ceremony which will be celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI.
After the viewing the papal body will repose in the Chapel of San Lorenzo in the Basilica of Saint Peter.
- Thursday, 27 January 2011 20:50
The Bishop of Peoria, Daniel R. Jenky, CSC, has jump-started the canonization process for Fulton J. Sheen. Jenky took a pause in the case when Archbishop Timothy Dolan indicated that he wanted to keep Sheen’s body in the crypt at the Cathedral of Saint Patrick and to see the process to completion. Not a good thing, for sure. The halting of the case happened in November, as you recall.