Ideas bounce around my head about working for the Church if one is not a member of the clergy or a religious order. Some of my friends would say, “Why bother?” There’s some truth in this attitude. There’s a lot of problems with working in the Church these days and not all of it regarding pay. Let’s just say, working for the Church can be a great place to use your talent for Someone greater and for eternal consequences. Experience tells me that church-working need not be a sad, hostile, dysfunctional place to spend one’s life. BTW, what I say is not only for the laity because the clergy have the same issues.
- a great place to work at; a fun place to work, a welcoming, loving & fulfilling culture
- a place where a good use of technology possible for the Gospel (tech is hot these days)
- a place to network with Catholics (Christians and “seekers”) to propose a new lens of life
- time available to see how your work affects lots of people
- a place that will teach you something new
- pay and perks that strive to be competitive
- a place where the employees are happy
- have opportunities for spiritual development.