House Bill 2354, Illinois State Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), passed the Illinois House Human Services Committee on March 11. The bill will now head to the Illinois House floor for the consideration of the entire body.
“Vote NO on HB 2354. The bill is extreme. It declares abortion to be a fundamental right and it invalidates a health care professional’s right of conscience.”
The bill also seeks to :
– Make abortion a fundamental right, preventing any common-sense regulation such as parental notification
– Expand public funding of abortion through Medicaid at a time when the State cannot even meet its current fiscal obligations
– Invalidates the Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act protecting health care professionals and employers
– Mandate comprehensive sex education for all children in public schools
– Establish a liability shield for abortion providers who harm pregnant women
Visit the Illinois General Assembly’s web site at www.ilga.gov to find your Legislator. If you encounter any difficulties, please call the Catholic Conference of Illinois at 312-368-1066.
Cardinal Francis E. George’s letter on HB 2354:
Cardinal’s letter HB2354.pdf